What are things to do with your $50?
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
There’s nothing much you can buy for a cent or a dollar these days, but $50 or big ones can still score you something pretty decent. The average American is swimming in stuff, with over 300,000 items in the average U.S. home. But what if, instead of buying more things, we just bought smarter?
If you're looking to make your life easier, more efficient, and more fun without breaking the bank, here's some 50 genius products under $50 that make the perfect addition to any home. And for more ways to make every day better than the last, check out these Tricks to Improve Your Life.
1. Pick Up a Nice Bottle of WineStop drinking the cheap stuff. Splurge for a better bottle, and make tonight a special occasion just because.
2. Tip Your Service Provider(s)Did you give your mail carrier, door attendant, super, or other service provider a tip during the holiday season? If not, use the extra money as an opportunity to make amends.
3. Replace Old Pots and PansKitchenware isn’t cheap, but there are times when you can score great deals on skillets and other cooking essentials. If something you need falls below $50, go for it.
4. Catch Up on BillsIf you’re behind on bills, put the money toward what you owe. Even if it’s not the full amount, it still counts. You don’t want to rack up any more late fees, do you?
5. Take a Friend to the MoviesA matinee might not cost the full $50, but an evening show with drinks and popcorn will come pretty darn close. Just make sure you invite a friend who’s worth it.
6. Have Your Oil ChangedHaven't you put this off long enough?
7. Stock Up on Toiletries and Grooming ProductsToothpaste, deodorant, and hair products are all pricey. Stock up now, and put these items away until you run out of what you already have.
8. Invest in the Stock MarketOpen an E-Trade account, and buy stock in an up-and-coming company whose shares are at basement-level prices.
9. Donate to CharityI prefer support local charities instead of national organizations because I feel like my money will directly impact someone needy in my community.
10. Go Grocery ShoppingIs your fridge almost empty? Make a stop at the supermarket to grab good food to make yourself a few nice meals.
That's 10 out of 50, For more great things to do click this link to checkout more great things to do with your $50.
50 Great Things to Do With $50
And for more ways to make every day better than the last, check out these 50 Genius Tricks to Improve Your Life.
1. Smartphone Tripod
-smartphone tripod Image via In Your Face Holders $14.99; buy now at In Your Face Holders on Etsy Capturing the perfect photo sometimes takes more than good lighting and a practiced pout. Enter: this smartphone tripod, which will revolutionize the way you take those must-capture group shots. And to learn more about your favorite device, check out these 20 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About Your Smartphone.
2. Dinosaur Wine Stoppers
-wine stoppers Image via Uncommon Goods $24.00; buy now at UncommonGoods Just because you're practically a professional sommelier doesn't mean you can't enjoy a little whimsy with your wine. Fortunately, these dinosaur wine stoppers will help you save the remainder of your preferred bottle—and help you shed that wine snob reputation in no time. And for easy ways to improve your "me time," check out the 20 Best Ways to Be More Mindful at Work.
3Alume Cube Clock Image via MoMA Design Store From $48.00; buy now at MoMA Design Store If staring at your phone every time you want to know the time has lost its appeal, it's time to upgrade to an elegant clock. Unlike traditional clocks, this cube only tells you the time when you instruct it to—either by snapping your fingers or tapping the top of the clock—and otherwise just serves as a pretty piece of décor.
4Avocado Cuber avocado scoop Image via Williams Sonoma $17.95; buy now at Williams Sonoma Your morning avocado toast just got a whole lot easier. Instead of scooping out the avocado, potentially bruising it in the process, this avocado cuber gives you perfect bite-sized pieces every single time.
5Rechargeable Pain Relief Foot Warmer Foot pain relief $49.99; buy now at The Sharper Image After a long day on your feet, it's no wonder your dogs are barking. Treat them to some spa-like relief with this rechargeable pain relief foot warmer, which is compact enough to store in a closet, use under your desk, or shove behind the couch when you're done with it. And for more amazing purchases, check out the 20 Best Ways to Give Your Dad the Gift of Time. 6Amazon Echo Dot Amazon echo $49.99; buy now at Amazon If you want to make virtually every daily task a little bit simpler, treat yourself to an Amazon Echo Dot. This petite version of Amazon's personal assistant device forgoes the bulky speaker that gives the traditional Alexa model its height, but still has all of its functionality, letting you play Spotify, listen to Audible, get news, weather, add items to your grocery list, arm your security system, or even book an Uber, all using just your voice. For more at-home essentials, check out the 40 Items Every Man Over 40 Should Have in His Home. 7Sidewinder 6-Spray Rainfall Showerhead Rainfall showerhead $49.98; buy now at Home Depot A good shower can set the tone for the whole day. Fortunately, this 6-spray rainfall showerhead can turn any shower into the spa-like experience you've always wanted. 8Kale and Herb Razor Kale and herb scissors $15.00; buy now at UncommonGoods Kale may be a superfood, but that doesn't mean it's not super-frustrating to prepare. Fortunately, a wealth of kale salads, smoothies, and other healthy dishes are easier to make than ever, thanks to this user-friendly kale and herb razor, which strips the leaves off your kale in seconds. And for more ways to become a master in the kitchen, learn the 40 Dishes Everyone Over 40 Should Master. 9Tile Mate Tile bluetooth tracker From $20.00; buy now at Tile If you're always wasting precious time looking for your keys, your phone, or your bag, the Tile Mate is a real lifesaver. This tiny Bluetooth-enabled tracker can help you locate all those items that regularly go missing—no search party needed. 10Travel Adaptor With USB Ports Travel adaptor $28.00; buy now at The MoMA Store Traveling abroad often means packing a laundry list of extra devices just so you can use your electronics. Well, no more, thanks to this handy and compact travel adaptor, which has USB ports built right in. And if you're traveling soon, be sure you know the 15 Things You Should Never Do on an Airplane.
That's 10 out of 50, for more genius products, go to this link 50 Genius Products That Will Improve Your Life
For things you can buy online with under 50, checkout The 50 Coolest Things You Can Get On Amazon For Under $50
Leave us a comment or a message via our twitter account or facebook for more details.